The bottom 6 feet of electric poles and street lightposts have been turned into beautiful artist tablets. Unique designs and decorations reflect instantly where we are on the island. A flash of bright yellow and my mouth waters. We are in front of the caldo de cana booth. The pole matches the bright yellow awnings that stretch over the friendly vendor who smiles and works alongside a buzz of bees to deliver a cup of sweetness pressed from sugar cane. Com limão, por favor.Here are a few photos of the beautiful street art that I love to see...
The bees of centrinho.
My favorite tiles. Oh the colors!
So many mosaic hearts.
But, one mosaic bike.
The first week we arrived I spotted this pretty painting at a local brecho (thrift shop). The first.
At the corner where people thumb rides, a second painting arrived.
And close to that corner on a gate, a third!
And atop the hill, on the road of canto do lagoa is the fourth.I am glad the paintings are not taken away or regarded as graffiti because they enliven the streets and make the people smile. Some large walls are even covered in bright murals that speak of justice, education, or environmental protection.
Color the masses aware.

2 comments:
thanks for posting all these beautiful pictures, and describing your experiences! I miss you and Ben hardcore, can't wait for your return.
Jordan, these pictures are all awesome, I really loved reading your comments on them!
Post a Comment